11 Words of Wisdom for Women of God
By Joyce Meyer
1. Always keep God first, and seek Him for who He is, not what He can do for you.
2. Take time regularly to examine your own heart and ensure that your motives are pure. Everything is determined by your motives.
3. Show respect for all people and make everyone feel valuable. Every human being is created in the image of God.
4. Be a very generous giver. Giving is the key to living.
5. Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. Be goal oriented, but do not miss the moment you are in.
6. Always remember where you came from. This will help you to stay humble.
7. Be Thankful in all things, even if not for all things.
8. The things you say are important. Do not underestimate the power of little throw away comments that can crush and hurt people.
9. Seek peace. You must pursue having peace on purpose. It is one of the most necessary things for enduring ministry .
10. Love God. When you truly love God, you will have a good relationship with yourself and then you will treat other people right.
11. What God says is important, not what man says. Do not be a people pleaser, but be a God pleaser.
1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.
2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.
3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.
4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.
5. Do what you love and the money will follow.
6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.
7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.
8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.
9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.
10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.
11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.
12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.
13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.
14. Try to learn something new every day.
15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.
16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.
17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.
18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.
19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.
20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything."Life lessons my mother has taught me from the side of her hospital bed (part 2/2 of a series) /// r.i.d (via inkskinned)
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:10)
If you need a new beginning today, in any area of your life, allow Christ to make you a new creation and the old will pass away! He will put a new and right spirit within you when you call upon His name! This year, make your relationship with Him your number one priority. As you develop an intimacy with Him through daily prayer and the study of His Word, you will experience the joy of newness of life!